Getting married is one of life's major milestones. For many people they have been dreaming of this day for many years. For this reason it is vital that the happy couple feel very comfortable with the celebrant that they choose.
One vital role of the celebrant is to provide all the legal paperwork and ensure it is correctly completed and filed with Births, Deaths and Marriages within the specified time frame.
The other important and major role is to work with their clients to make sure that they receive the ceremony they desired and possibly dreamed of. It is my role to bring your dreams to life in a unique and personal ceremony created just for you.
There are some legal requirements that must be met:
- Notice of Intended Marriage: This form needs to be completed at least 30 days but no longer than 18 months prior to your wedding date.
- Each party must consent to marry and you must be legally able to marry.
- You need to be 18 years of age; if you are not then you need special consent from a magistrate. One party MUST be at least 18 years of age.
- You will need to provide proof of where you were born ie: birth certificate or overseas passport. You must also provide evidence of proof of identity ie: drivers license or proof of age card or passport.
- Been married previously - if divorced you will need to bring along your divorce certificate. If you are a widower you will need to supply a death certificate of your spouse.
- Double check all information on forms is correct. It is an offence to make a false statement.
Happily Ever Before and After
I understand in the new era that we now live, couples may need to meet outside of the Monday to Friday 8 to 5 work week. I am available seven days a week for ceremonies day or evening and also for appointments to discuss your special day and fill in the official paperwork.
I will help you to make your special day extremely memorable. I will work with you to make your vision your reality.
If you are not creative that is not a problem. That is where I come in. I will listen to your desires and create a meaningful and memorable ceremony including vows, readings and rituals, but most importantly the ceremony that you desire.
$500.00 for weddings in the local area, including driving to the coast or surrounding areas. I am available for weddings outside the local area, however fees will be charged for travel and accommodation if needed. This can be discussed in the the initial interview.
On the day I can supply a table but not the chair and gold pen for signing the certificates and a microphone and amplifier.
$300.00 - legals only with a very basic ceremony done in my office with witnesses only. You can still include your own personal vows.
The fees for all ceremonies include meeting with you to complete all the legal paperwork, conducting a rehearsal where required, performing the ceremony, processing and submitting paperwork to Births Deaths and Marriages (BDM).